For too long, we have left our health into the hands of physicians who look at us with money in their eyes and a government who only wants to control us with medications and more vaccinations. So I put together a pledge that I am committing to myself and also asking those who desire to be more healthy to take as well.
- I pledge to take care of myself first and foremost before I take care of anyone or anything else and not let anything like time, money, energy, or a person become a challenge in taking care of myself. I know this may be a challenge as I have family, children, etc, but I pledge to understand that my health is my greatest source of wealth and that I can only take care of everything and everyone else once I take care of myself.
- I pledge to listen, abide, and obey what my mind, body, and spirit needs and is thus asking for through and then take action in nourishing it. I trust that the answer or the answers will come and that what I need will be supplied to me so I pledge to keep my eyes and ears open to receive what I am asking for.
- I pledge to educate myself and the ones that I love about our health and its needs through books, classes, websites, webinars, retreats, workshops, radio shows, etc. I understand that information is all around me and that I must learn to decipher what is right for my lifestyle and my needs.
- Because I know food and products free of pesticides and chemicals is best for my body, I pledge to support businesses who manufacture, distribute, endorse, and sell organic products as much as I possible can.
- I pledge to make myself responsible for my health and no longer depend on a physician or a government to take care of my health.
- I pledge to partner with like-minded individuals, organizations, businesses, non-profits, etc in maintaining optimal health.
- I pledge to trust myself and my intuition when making decisions about my health.
- I pledge to surround myself with like-minded individuals who also pledge to take better care of themselves as I know that building community and support are essential tools when transforming one's life.
- I pledge to take big action in regards to my health and the health of the planet. Because I know I am of a greater whole and that any little action on my part contributes to the greater whole of humanity I pledge to do one of the following or support one of the following: start mini-coops, healthy potlucks, dinner clubs, health education sessions in my home, community gardens, a weight loss program for myself and my loved ones, a medication-no more program, a FREE from vaccination child program, learn how to grow my own food, help someone grow some food, write letters to my congressman about getting better food in public schools, exercise with my family members, exercise early in the morning, take time out to meditate for myself, etc.
Make 2010 the best and the most healthiest year for you and your family!
Let's rawk & roll!
The revolution starts at the dinner table!
Feel free to copy and paste this pledge on other websites as long as you use the following blurb below.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Nwenna Kai is the author of The Goddess of Raw Foods available for purchase at www.amazon.com and the FREE e-book Nwenna Kai's Holiday Recipes. You can get the e-book by signing up for her e-newsletter at her website www.the-guide-to-raw-foods.com. She is the previous owner of Taste of the Goddess Cafe, one of LA's pioneering organic raw food cafes. She is the 2007 winner of the Elizabeth Dole Young Entrepreneurial Scholarship sponsored by Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) for her work as a health and wellness entrepreneur. Visit her website at www.nwennakai.com and her blog at www.theguidetorawfoods.com/blogspot.com.